Dr. James Kelley is an author, podcast host, public speaker and professor. Whether it’s on his podcast Executives After Hours or giving a keynote speech at a conference, James loves to dive deep and share stories of how and why leaders need crucible moments to be a better version of themselves.
- Embrace the suck: thriving in moments of adversity [1:47]
- How to not overprotect children and teach them to deal with fear through controlled failure [4:46]
- Why choosing to face adversity with eyes wide open is better than taking the bitterness pill [6:30]
- Own, share and inspire – the three elements necessary to bring a positive change into an organization [8:42]
- How to go through challenging business times without laying off employees [11:14]
- Why project-based consultancy might [not] be a good revenue model [16:30]
- What and who to ask when it’s time to change the direction [18:44]
- Ways to offer your product in a more consumable way [23:33]
James’ journey from a humble home in Portland, Oregon to earning his PhD and living near Dubai with his wife and four children is full of adversity. He also has a keen interest in the adversity that shapes great leaders around the world. His book The Crucible’s Gift: 5 Lessons from Authentic Leaders Who Thrive in Adversity, brings a fresh perspective to leadership coaching and keynotes.
James believes that his unique journey filled with ups and downs, twists and turns, and a driving curiosity, equips him to bring great value to the world of executive leadership.
Brief Description of Gift
Welcome page for your listeners
Worksheet on the course content
URL for Free Gift