In today’s special episode of Smashing The Plateau, we’re sharing some of the highlights of NAWBO NYC’s Small Business Bootcamp – Powering Your Growth. We talk to an extraordinary group of women, and they reveal some of the event’s biggest takeaways.
Interviews include keynote speaker and New York Times bestselling author Gretchen Rubin, Flexcel Network Founder and NAWBO NYC President Sophie Wade, featured speaker, CEO and Founder of Odyssey Media Linda Spradley Dunn, Joy Passey of JOY Prosperity Coaching, speaker and author Shemeka Brathwaite, partner and attorney Jennifer Zourigui, Dr. Sunanda Chugh of Anand Medical Spa, Samantha Shubert of Remarkable Life Memoirs, the New York Public Library’s Helena Escalante, Connect 2 Coach Founder and NAWBO NYC Board Member and Programming Chair Elizabeth Foster, Viridian’s Rory Hayden, and MasterCard’s Vice President and Senior Business Leader, Global Community Relations, Mercedes Garcia.
- How we can change our habits to become more productive
- The benefits of being part of an ongoing community
- Confronting change
- Fighting through discrimination and focusing on the moment
- Developing better self-awareness
- Fear of success
- Why most companies fail to reach out to Millennials (and how to change it)
- Opening up about your struggles
- Why conferences are the best places to negotiate and resolve problems
- Incredible NYPL resources for small businesses
- Finding direction and perseverance
- Why rebelling against new technology will damage your business