Jaime Jay is the founder and managing director of Bottleneck Distant Assistants. Founded in 2016, Bottleneck is an outsourcing agency that helps businesses identify, hire, and cultivate their workforce through a carefully designed systematic approach to growth. A veteran US Army paratrooper who received the Army Achievement Medal for Meritorious Service, Jay’s additional business experience includes a twelve-year career in corporate America and advanced education in Business Administration and Management at Florida Institute of Technology.
- Three reasons to write a book other than anything else [03:02]
- What makes 184 pages much more than new authors think [06:24]
- A very affordable way about finding a hybrid publisher [09:15]
- What it feels like going through the different levels of editing [11:18]
- Thinking about thinking about leadership [13:17]
- The seven-year itch in business [15:35]
- The little things that make writing a book worthwhile [17:03]
- The best way for book authors to get feedback from readers [19:34]
- How crazy other people’s lives are [21:30]
Jaime likes networking with big-picture thinkers and proudly proclaims he is unemployable. In his spare time, he enjoys playing hockey, camping, boating, playing guitar, shooting guns, traveling, and spending time with his wife, Sara.
In Quit Repeating Yourself, author Jaime Jay shares how he built a seven-figure business by focusing on the power of creating systems and processes so he could stop doing the wrong things and focus on doing his best work. After other business professionals kept asking him to explain what he was doing differently, Jay compiled his best strategies and systems, hoping readers could learn from his successes and his mistakes. Through personal stories and professional examples, he teaches leaders how to build a strong company foundation using small and actionable steps.