Andrew Schmertz spent 15 years in the media business, serving as a reporter for NY1 and business anchor for WABC-TV. He was a senior exec at WNET/PBS when he co-founded Hopscotch Air. He was laid off from WNET and was faced with running a new airline.
- A laid-off pilot coming back to his calling [2:28]
- The long-term positive effect of being laid off [4:26]
- The psychological process of producing material even if it doesn’t have any monetary reward [7:13]
- The key to going solo: making your bed and wearing your shoes [9:23]
- The two biggest ingredients to being able to get through a crisis [15:46]
- What smart people need to possess to turn dreams into reality [19:43]
Learn more about Andrew at https://flyhopscotch.com/.