Mike Smith founded Huddle Advisory, a human capital consulting firm, after 25 years as a sports and entertainment executive at the NFL, NBC, and Deloitte.
- The value of a great boss at the early stage of one’s career [02:22]
- All the little things that people do in order to create big success at scale [03:34]
- Getting comfortable with being uncomfortable [08:06]
- The muscles that atrophy after spending 25 years in corporate [10:27]
- Why it’s essential to recognize the value of realistic optimism in the face of expected obstacles [12:57]
- The unsurprising amount of creativity that comes in the middle of a workout [17:06]
- How to deal with the constant drive to be productive [19:44]
- The umbrella of always learning [22:04]
Mike’s background centers around leading organizational service functions: Human Resources, Finance, Technology, and Administration. After multiple Finance leadership roles, he made a mid-career transition to Human Capital because of his passion for engaging people to drive business performance. Having served as both a CHRO and a CFO, he has a unique lens to view business and talent strategy alignment.