Sarah Baker Andrus is the founder and CEO of Avarah Careers, a career coaching business.
- What makes it really hard to plan the next move [02:23]
- An introspective experience that helps you do what you do [05:25]
- Why you should say “no” to temporary gigs and interim roles [06:55]
- What to call yourself during the period of self-reflection [09:54]
- The only career decision we will ever make [12:35]
- A massive gap between reality versus structure [14:53]
- Skills hidden in high point stories of achievement [15:47]
- A commitment is not just the hours [19:31]
She’s worked on all sides of the hiring equation. After twenty+ years in recruiting and PR with the same company, she got the itch and jumped to a shiny new dream job. Within weeks she knew she had made a huge mistake.
18 months later, she received a gift in the form of a layoff. She started Avarah Careers in 2014 and hasn’t looked back. Her favorite thing? Helping others figure out what kind of work will make them feel great about getting out of bed in the morning.
Learn more about Sarah at www.avarahcareers.com.