Carolyn Kiel is a learning design manager at a Fortune 500 company. Prior to working in learning & development, she held roles in change management, risk management, and data governance in the financial services industry.
- How to prepare yourself for career pivots [01:58]
- How to overcome the tendency to be too comfortable on the status quo [03:30]
- Company culture as an obstacle or an opportunity for career development [07:44]
- Beyond those first 6 seconds impressions [11:39]
- The many faces of creating an impact on society [14:34]
- The surprising number of people having a side hustle next to a corporate job [18:07]
- The unspoken expectation about employees’ focus at work [21:21]
- Every interview is a new opportunity [22:28]
Carolyn also hosts the Beyond 6 Seconds podcast, where she has interviewed more than 120 entrepreneurs, CEOs and media personalities about how they’ve overcome obstacles to build their careers and achieve their goals. Carolyn has a bachelor’s degree in Psychology from Vassar College and a master’s degree in Industrial/Organizational Psychology from Fairleigh Dickinson University.