7 ESSENTIAL STEPS TO MAKE BEFORE INVESTING IN REVENUE GROWTH ACTIVITIES
Don’t buy any services without this checklist.
Investing in new business development activities can be a great way to grow your revenue, but if you don’t know what to watch out for, then you could make expensive mistakes, and you might not get paid what you’re worth.
Starting, running and growing your own business should be an exciting, rewarding and profitable experience. You shouldn’t be worrying about wasting time or money to achieve your goals.
We’ve combined many of our top business-building strategies in this checklist. These tactics are designed to save you time, avoid unnecessary expenses and accelerate your profitability before you spend anything.
David Shriner-Cahn, CEO
- Make sure you are clear on what major categories in your life are most important. These should be big bucket descriptions that encompass what really matters to you.
- Have a written goals statement that includes all the areas of your life that are important to you. Big, hairy, audacious goals (BHAGs), that seem beyond reach are great. They will help you think big and aim high, to inspire and motivate you far into the future. They will also push you to grow as much as possible.
- Have short-term objectives that you need to reach to work toward your goals. Each objective should be specific and metric driven.
✔️ One primary objective
- Make sure you are clear on one objective that is most likely to grow your revenue and be in alignment with your goals.
✔️ Desired results
- You should know what key results you want to achieve with your primary objective. Have a way to measure data that will inform you about what is working well and where you are most challenged as you try to achieve your primary objective.
- Make sure you know what the steps are for you to achieve your primary objective. You should have a plan that is manageable within the constraints of your time availability, schedule and budget.
- How you iterate while implementing your plan is one of the most critical components that can make or break your success. When you keep what you’ve created up to this point inside your own head, it’s way too easy to avoid the discomfort of taking consistent action with discipline and perseverance. Make sure you have a process for sharing what you’re doing with trusted partners. It will significantly increase the likelihood that you will succeed.
Now you know what to check before you invest in revenue growth activities.
So that you get the most value as you invest your time and money, let us help you interact with the best thought partners in a framework to accelerate your progress.
Come to our next live workshop:
Breaking Free: A Step-by-Step Guide for Corporate Refugees to Turn Their Passions into Profit
Your first workshop is free. Enter the code SMASHING when you register.