Dr. Genevieve Hayes is the Director of Genevieve Hayes Consulting, which assists organizations in understanding emerging technologies, such as AI and analytics, and how to use these technologies to create business value. She also lectures on data science at the University of Melbourne and hosts the podcast “Value-Driven Data Science.”
In today’s episode of Smashing the Plateau, you will learn from Genevieve’s bold transition from a secure corporate career to the dynamic world of entrepreneurship in the midst of a global pandemic. This episode is a trove of insights for anyone considering taking control of their professional path.
Genevieve and I discuss:
- Her journey from being an actuary to becoming an entrepreneur [02:00]
- The moment Genevieve decided to leave the corporate world [06:00]
- Insights into the risks and control associated with owning a business [08:00]
- The importance of freedom and the ability to challenge oneself [10:00]
- Genevieve’s innovative approach to data science in business [12:00]
- Her current projects and goals for the future [14:00]
- The balancing act between client work and business growth [16:00]
- The power of community and networking in business success [18:00]
Thank you to our sponsor:
Get immediate access to handpicked, actionable strategies from our podcast gurus by subscribing – your journey to triumph starts with a simple click!