Today’s guest is Lawrence Baird, Vice President of Operations at Mosaic Learning.
- How healthy work environments increase company margins
- Identifying whether or not you’re on the edge of growth
- Understanding the contagious nature of motivation and morale in an organization
- How to strategically deal with bad influences within organizational teams
- Operational steps to take within an organization to create the ideal environment for success
- The importance of unity amongst leaders
- How to eliminate us vs. them attitudes
- Finding that balance between customer focus and employee focus
- Creating and communicating a compelling vision that encourages buy-in from others
- Why it is important for leaders to listen and find the root problems
Lawrence Baird is the Vice President of Operations at Mosaic Learning. At Mosaic and other organizations, Lawrence has overseen hundreds of product launches and improved internal processes for numerous higher education institutions. Over the years he has developed and taught courses in organizational behavior, operations management, marketing, communication, and negotiations at Stevenson University in Maryland, Walden University, Colorado Technical University, and the University of Phoenix. How people learn has always been at the core of everything Lawrence has done.
Prior to his work in education, Lawrence was in sales in the software and advertising industries. He is a member of the Board of Directors for Acts4Youth, a non-profit organization supporting the advancement of underprivileged youth in Baltimore City. He earned his Bachelor’s degree from Loyola University Maryland and his MBA from Walden University. Lawrence sees operational efficiency as a core factor in the success of any project. He also believes that a healthy and happy team is essential for the continued success and growth of any business.