Wendy Keller is an award-winning former journalist, a respected literary agent, an author, a speaker, and an acclaimed book marketing consultant.
Wendy is a prominent advocate for authors taking a vibrant, active role in promoting their work.
Keller Media is a literary agency that helps authors succeed by advising on cutting-edge marketing strategies, advanced book promotion practices, and the best-known use of media, social media, and paid speaking.
In today’s episode of Smashing the Plateau, you will learn how you can become a known expert so that you have a platform for your book.
Wendy and I discuss:
- Her experience with book publishing, particularly for non-fiction books [02:30]
- The influx of young people in the business [04:04]
- How her business has become referral driven [05:10]
- How she helped someone through paid speaking [06:08]
- How to be a successful business author today [07:27]
- Strategies to leverage your business book [08:44]
- The importance of having a published book rather than self-publishing [11:16]
- How the consumers will find you [13:35]
- Learning to sell your expertise through writing a book [16:47]
- The power of proper marketing [15:43]
- Classifying which self-promoter you are [20:15]
- Her experience with community and being part of the community [22:53]
Learn more about Wendy at https://kellermedia.com
Submit a Book Proposal here: https://kellermedia.com/query
Thank you to Our Sponsors: