Today’s episode of Smashing the Plateau features a special interview with Rick Duris. Though he normally likes to help people from behind the scenes, Rick agreed to come on the show to share his story of building a successful software development company, experiencing the stress of owning a software development company during Y2K, and his consequent nervous breakdown. He also shares how he “got his entrepreneurial spirit back” after a two year break.
Rick also discusses:
- Positioning yourself as an expert
- The stress of being in charge of a business
- How he got sued after Y2K
- Embracing what’s happening rather than avoiding pain and stress—this will lead to a breakthrough
- Working in a competitive market
Rick Duris is the founder of copyranger.com. He is publicly one of the top “pay-for-performance” copywriters in the country. Behind the scenes, he’s responsible for some of the biggest Internet marketing campaigns and celebrities.