Tatiana is a community business strategist, teacher, and founder of The Business of Community, a learning organization helping community founders scale values-driven community businesses. Before focusing exclusively on supporting community founders, Tatiana worked in international sales, marketing, product management, and growing her own community business to 2000+ members.
She believes our childhood experiences with connection and belonging play a major part in the communities and businesses we build. Part of her job is helping community founders unlock those experiences and leverage them to build stronger communities.
In today’s episode of Smashing the Plateau, you will learn how Tatiana founded the Business of Community and what makes community a unique aspect of how a business can succeed.
Tatiana and David discuss:
- How Tatiana’s varied background led her to building communities [00:02:35]
- The challenges and rewards of creating a community-led business [00:14:30]
- The unexpected decision to become an entrepreneur [00:14:40]
- The shift from working in a startup to venturing out on her own [00:15:15]
- The transition from in-person community to online during the pandemic [00:17:30]
- The elements that make community-building fun and rewarding [00:17:10]
- The evolution of Tatiana’s business, from consulting to creating a community [00:18:35]
- The tension and balance between building community and running a business [00:20:40]
- How to incorporate ‘community vibes’ into standard business operations [00:22:30]
Learn more about Tatiana, her work, and The Business of Community at https://businessofcommunity.co
Thank you to our sponsor: