Lori Ames has been involved in book publishing and book publicity since the early eighties. After receiving her degree from Hofstra University she began her publicity career at a boutique book publicity agency in New York City.
- How to start a business from a hospital room [1:44]
- How to use your time efficiently when trying to create a semblance of normalcy [3:20]?
- The successful combination of reputation and knowing what you want [5:24]
- A badge of honor: Why losing your job is losing its stigma [7:34]
- The scariest part of starting a business [9:35]
- Best friends as a means to relieve overwhelming responsibilities [13:13]
- Book publicity as being more than selling books [15:16]
- What book authors need to think about when building a platform [17:36]
- Don’t be a lawyer who lost their job and opened a bar [19:08]
In late 2010, Lori’s son was diagnosed with an inoperable malignant brain tumor, so she left the fast-paced world of Manhattan to care for her son and in the process set up her own agency (her son Robert is doing very well and plays an important role at the company).