Julie Erickson is an executive and career coach who started her own business 15 years ago after being fired from a job and realizing she needed to take another path.
- A Monday morning get going meeting [02:48]
- How to go where it’s warm [05:39]
- The dark hallway in-between they never tell you about [06:42]
- How to speed up your recovery from a job loss [13:25]
- Why family is not great in terms of helping someone in their job search [14:58]
- Why women are better storytellers [15:50]
- Promoting oneself while still being in the tunnel space [18:51]
- Why first-time entrepreneurs should aim to use their core value proposition [21:00]
She’s helped many job seekers start their own businesses when they realize they would rather be their own boss. Julie ran two non-profits, has an MBA in leadership and graduated from Smith College. She is co-author of the recent book Betrayed by Work: Women’s Stories of Trauma, Healing, and Hope After Being Fired.
Learn more about Julie at https://myrightfitjob.com.