Turning Your Side Project into Post-Employment Impact Featuring Dena Grushkin
Following a 36-year career as a public-school teacher, Dena is continuing her love for education as a humanitarian educator, running a non-profit organization she founded 18 years ago. The Dream School foundation supports public education in Nigeria with infrastructure and resources to teach and learn.
- Opportunities are often unexpected [02:13]
- Taking a chance on a career transition [05:18]
- How to be efficient when working for your mom [08:20]
- How to do good work in a damaged system [10:46]
- Feeling like Ben Franklin in Nigeria [12:30]
- Depth before breadth [16:09]
- The perseverance to stay where you’re needed most [18:27]
- Walking off into the sunset [19:55]
Learn more about Dena at www.dreamschoolfoundation.org, Facebook and Instagram.