Dr. Cheryl Lentz is an international best-selling author, professor, and speaker, also known as The Academic Entrepreneur. She has written and edited books on leadership, critical and refractive thinking, and more, including the multi-award winning series The Refractive Thinker, a collaboration of essays from around the world.
In this interview, we discuss how “refractive thinking” can help us move forward in business, including:
- Defining success according to constructs from the digital age, rather than old methods
- Changing how we conceive of business spaces to shift how we think about the nature of business itself
- Identifying our own biases when listening to a customer
- The importance of scheduling time to plan for the future (with reference to previous Smashing the Plateau guest Larry Sharpe!)
- Seeing getting help as a sign of strength
- What Einstein can teach us about being the silliest person in the room
As a university professor, speaker, and consultant, Dr. Lentz is an expert in teaching students to apply critical thinking skills to problem-solve in record time. She can be found on LinkedIn, Facebook, Twitter, YouTube, and through her website, www.drcheryllentz.com.