“You need to be able to once in a while stop and put your head up, and look around and see where you’re going … and I think this is where most small businesses fail, there’s no plan.”
Jeff Mehl takes us on his fascinating journey from registered nurse to two-time business owner and entrepreneur. Today, he discusses his three fundamental rules for building a successful business and how to find the best insight from the places you’d least expect.
In this episode, you’ll discover:
- His three principles of success.
- Why the craziest notions can lead to brilliant business decisions.
- How offering free services can build your business and raise your retention rates.
- Why you need a long-term plan that transcends finances and numbers.
- The value of seeking outside perspectives to identify your blind spots.
Jeff Mehl and his wife Valerie are both Registered Nurses. After working as nurses for a number of years, they decided to start their first business, which they closed in 2009 after 22 years. From that experience, Jeff learned two important principles: 1) Your business should support your lifestyle, not become a lifestyle, and 2) Be content with what you have, whether a little or a lot, because there are no guarantees in life!
In 2006, Jeff and Valerie founded Daybreak Virtual Staffing with a mission to provide clients the kind of support they lacked in their previous business. Jeff is a passionate entrepreneur and business owner. He describes his entrepreneurial journey as “a really great ride!”