Jonathan Stark is a former software developer who is on a mission to rid the world of hourly billing. He is the author of Hourly Billing Is Nuts, the host of Ditching Hourly, and writes a daily newsletter on pricing for independent professionals.
In today’s episode of Smashing the Plateau, you will learn how you can make more money without working more hours.
Jonathan and I discuss the following topics:
- How did he become focused on ending the hourly billing model? [01:38]
- How long did it take for Jonathan to see the changes in his income? [05:32]
- How did he discover value-based fees? [05:48]
- What reasons did Jonathan come up with to go solo? [07:47]
- Who is his target audience for his teaching model? [10:34]
- What is needed for a mindset shift? [11:39]
- How to ensure that price will dictate costs? [11:52]
- What did his mindset shift in providing value first? [15:26]
- What does it take to make a shift and start your own business? [17:35]
- How does community become a game changer for him? [20:02]
- What is his definition of community? [22:47]
Learn more about Jonathan Stark at http://valuepricingbootcamp.com/.
Thank you to our sponsor: