Scott A. Couchenour’s professional life of 30 years as a corporate COO and then CEO ended abruptly. He had to close the family business forever.
Scott found his way out.
Today, he works primarily with Executive Leaders and Business Owners in their 40’s-50’s to tame the chaos, design their next adventure, and then implement that journey through an iterative, cyclical coaching methodology.
In today’s episode of Smashing the Plateau, you will learn how you can prepare for an epic 4th quarter of your career and finish strong.
Scott and I discuss:
- His abrupt career pivot [02:13]
- Nurturing pre-client relationships [07:48]
- Serving vs. selling [12:01]
- Active listening to be a resource for clients [15:24]
- Mistakes that didn’t produce clients [16:44]
- How to find the best resource to help you through a career transition [18:57]
- The feeling of being controlled by circumstances or other people’s decisions [22:53]
Thank you to Our Sponsor: