Carl Landau has started 3 media companies and 5 magazines. He also has created hundreds of live conferences and trade shows. Probably more importantly he has sold his 3 companies. His media companies were in the Software Development, Craft Brewing and Niche Media industry.
He sold his last business 2 years ago and has started Pickleball Media. Carl is the host of the “I Used to be Somebody” podcast. It targets 50+ year old former Entrepreneurs, Consultants and Corporate types who don’t want to retire but, want to do something new. More fun. More meaningful.
- The challenges about going solo even when you have figured out the money part [02:37]
- The disturbing feeling of your inbox being empty [05:18]
- The exciting discomfort of starting something new when you’re not 25 anymore [07:13]
- How to pick business areas in growth mode [08:44]
- The thing first-time solopreneurs worry about most [12:28]
- How to start planning growth without having a business yet [14:46]
- A real business or glorified hobby [17:02]
Learn more about Carl at https://pickleballmediahq.com/.