Andre de la Cruz is a UX and Product Design professional with 15 years of experience. After losing his job last July, Andre co-founded an agency called Rally, which specializes in Brand, UX, and Product. He established the agency with two seasoned professionals in Brand and Product, along with a team of senior talent. Rally offers startups flexible monthly access to their team of senior designers and product managers through a subscription service. Prior to founding Rally, Andre spent the last five years at early and growth-stage startups, building and leading design teams, and collaborating with product and executive leadership to develop new products from inception to launch (0→1) and to evolve version one (v1) products into a more mature, polished, and professional state.
In today’s episode of Smashing the Plateau, Andre shares insights on making the bold move from a stable full-time job to creating and managing a successful design agency.
Andre and I discuss:
- His career progression and the decision to start an agency [00:01:00]
- The experience of leading design teams at startups [00:02:00]
- The journey of founding Rally with his partners [00:04:00]
- Shaping and adapting agency business models for market demand [00:10:00]
- Diversifying into the software industry [00:12:00]
- The pivotal role of community and networking in entrepreneurship [00:17:00]
- Tips for aspiring entrepreneurs considering their own venture [00:21:00]
Learn more about Andre at https://www.joinrally.co.
Thank you to our sponsor:
Sign up today and unlock exclusive, streamlined strategies from our seasoned podcast professionals – success is just a click from your grasp!
Dr. Genevieve Hayes is the Director of Genevieve Hayes Consulting, which assists organizations in understanding emerging technologies, such as AI and analytics, and how to use these technologies to create business value. She also lectures on data science at the University of Melbourne and hosts the podcast “Value-Driven Data Science.”
In today’s episode of Smashing the Plateau, you will learn from Genevieve’s bold transition from a secure corporate career to the dynamic world of entrepreneurship in the midst of a global pandemic. This episode is a trove of insights for anyone considering taking control of their professional path.
Genevieve and I discuss:
- Her journey from being an actuary to becoming an entrepreneur [02:00]
- The moment Genevieve decided to leave the corporate world [06:00]
- Insights into the risks and control associated with owning a business [08:00]
- The importance of freedom and the ability to challenge oneself [10:00]
- Genevieve’s innovative approach to data science in business [12:00]
- Her current projects and goals for the future [14:00]
- The balancing act between client work and business growth [16:00]
- The power of community and networking in business success [18:00]
Thank you to our sponsor:
Get immediate access to handpicked, actionable strategies from our podcast gurus by subscribing – your journey to triumph starts with a simple click!
Rochelle Moulton turns independent consultants into authorities. The author of The Authority Code: How To Position, Monetize And Sell Your Expertise, she has been called “an emotional Red Bull” for her balance of inspiration and practical advice.
In today’s episode of Smashing the Plateau, you will learn how to go from expertise to authority, along with big financial benefits.
Rochelle and I discuss:
- Some of the differences between experts and authorities [03:18]
- Patterns that emerge from experts that effectively market their authority [08:54]
- The most important sales target when you market your authority [11:24]
- How taking a stand can generate risk in your head [14:23]
- How long it may take to build a financially successful authority business [19:11]
- Business model differences between experts and authorities [20:55]
Learn more about Rochelle at https://rochellemoulton.com/.
Thank you to Our Sponsor:
The Smashing the Plateau Community